Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chipmunk Creative Writing













I substituted in first grade this week.  It was the last week of the quarter before Spring Break.  I decided to bring jelly beans in as a treat and creative writing motivator.  My theme was Chipmunks and Jelly Beans.  We discussed facts about chipmunks first.  Then we discussed parts of a fiction story.  Our title was "Two Naughty Chipmunks."  I came up with the pattern in the third photo.  The kids wrote their stories on the acorns.  The characters in their stories had to use jelly beans.  Their ideas were so cute.  We had some who used spider webs to slingshot jelly beans into their burrows.  I took most of the ninety some kids into the school's little theater and showed them one of the Alvin movies.  This seemed to hit all of their funny bones, as they laughed outrageously.  It was a nice way to start Spring Break. 

No comments: