Friday, October 26, 2012

Mr. Bones Math

      This is my version of Mr. Bones.  I made him up to use as a math page for a first grade class I am subbing in next week.  I am going to write addition problems in each of the bones, squares, and ovals.  The kids could also color him to make patterns. You can print him as an 8.5" x 11."  I am going to have the kids color each section to match the answers.  For example, if the answer to the problem in the top left leg bone is 10, they can color it blue.  He will end up looking like a rainbow, but that's even more fun.

      The teacher wants me to work on patterning.  So I found these pumpkin people on www.iclipart.com.  I made put them into boxes to make it easier for each child to cut. Run off each sheet 8.5" x 11" five times in order to get lots of choices for students to pattern.









No comments: