I didn't want to give the young adults coming for Easter a lot more candy. But, I thought that they'd like to make these cookies sometime, and there IS candy in them.
My cookies use cake mixes. I am using quart size jars, so I measured exactly and they use 1 cup + 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup of the cake mix. I replaced the 1/2 cup of cake mix in the above recipe with crushed graham crackers. I could only find pink peep bunnies.
Below is the photo from the above web site to give you a visual image of the jar.
Here are the jars I made with their labels (recipes) on them. Since I made twelve of them, I am going to give you the amounts of ingredients I used. In the post I got the idea from, she had her peeps at the bottom of the jar and used eight. I put my peeps at the top of the jar and only used six.
- I used one quart jars. I put 1/2 cup of Nestle chocolate chunks (11.5 ox bag) bottom of each jar. It only took two bags to fill up the 12 jars.
- I used 5 boxes of cake mix for 12 jars. (2 boxes will do 5 jars).
- I put 1/2 cup M & M's in next. 1 large bag filled 4 jars. I used 3 bags.
- I crushed up 1/2 cup of graham crackers (not finely) and used three sleeves.
- I put 1/2 cup brown sugar in next. One box filled 8 jars. I used 1 1/2 boxes.
- I put 6 peep rabbits in next. They come 12 to a box. I used 6 boxes.
- I filled the space in the middle of the peeps with 1/2 cup chocolate chips. The bag was 11.5 oz. One bag filled 4 jars. I used 3 bags.