Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chili Cookoff Hoedown






     The Chili Cook-off Hoedown is in two days.  I went round robin trying different types of barns--some with backgrounds, some without.  This morning I cropped and edited many pieces of barn cliparts to get the above result.  I did this in Photoshop so that I could save it to a pdf (a BIG file) to send to my husband's architecture office to print out big.  He will print this one and it's reverse to put up on two of the big windows in his lobby.
      I made a farmer and his wife on foam core with the fun foam.  I will show pictures of them in another blog. (See previous blogs for directions).  But...you can follow the directions of another Pinterest member and save graphics to a thumb drive.  Then you can take them to Office Depot or Staples and have them printed into huge posters.
      I printed out the four farm animals below on cardstock from my printer.  I use Printmaster for most of my basic characters I want to reverse.  They have a print--reverse button that makes life easy.  I sandwiched the front and back pieces with a small piece of foam core between them.  I could stick a wooden skewer right into the foam.  I bought two cute baskets and put styrofoam in them to hold the picks.
      I cheated and ordered two big cows from Stumps party catalog.  I didn't want to spray mount anything.




 









No comments: