Monday, April 23, 2018

Tour de France Party Games

here
Tour de France Office Party

I chose the theme for the Christmas Party because of these trikes.  They are adult sized.
We have used them many times, so they were worth every penny.  I added baskets this
year and filled them with things you could throw along the Tour de France "route."


We have a large chart with the staff's names on it.  The staff were split into 4 teams by
lottery.  The assignments and speed charts were posted in the main lobby.  They were also given color coded badges, a booklet of game tickets, and a baggie with paper gambling chips as they checked into the party.



In a previous blog I posted the posters to show you how I set the theme.  They can be seen
here.
The fresh greenery wreaths have not been added to the centerpieces.  I loved how the
green market umbrellas made the area cosy.  I used vinyl tablecloths at parties in order to reuse them in the future.  I rent tablecloths for our largest fall/client party, though.



Above are two of the tossing stations along the tour.  I always bring "Santa's dogs" to each party and give them a task.  Each stop had a cardboard street lamp  to which I added a pole with game directions.  I also added a bow for more holiday favor.  The photo with the dalmation  show the water bottle recycling station.  (They just had to toss empty plastic bottle into the can.  Easier said than done when you are riding past on a timed event.)  Along the way you saw Santa (of course) on a bicycle with another of his dogs with his feeding dish and plastic bones.


The tour went down the main (and very long) hall of the office, turned a curve into the kitchen area (which is large), went around a Christmas tree, and repeated this back to the main hall and office lobby.  I labeled the kitchen area PROVENCE.  Ratatouille was in there with his pots and stove.  He was making frog legs.  You picked up your frogs on the
way by, and then threw them back in the pot on the way back.  You had passed by the chicken and the fox area where you had been required to throw rubber eggs and a chicken into the chicken nests.


Here is a bird's eye view of the basket.  This event was very popular AND hard to do.  I always give the staff a few days ahead of the party to practice as there are fairly large cash prizes for the winners.



For those not wanting to ride the trikes, there are chances to play games that are not along the route.  Here is my sheep farmer.  There were black buckets behind each sheep you had to toss balls into.  There was also a goose in a hay wagon.  I had large rubber balls at another spot with bigger buckets.  I bought a cardboard standup tree.  You had to bounce the ball against the tree in just the right spot to make it land in the bucket.


                                       For the kiddies, I had more bone tossing.

                                      I also had a cat house in the Cafe de Chat area.  See the
mice on the shelf.  You had to get them in the holes of the house.  Not easy, but fun.
I also had gambling (not real but using paper dots).  The spinners were part of that.

We pretended the route went back to Paris, where our gambling cafe with food buffet was located (conference room).  On the table with Santa were large plastic envelopes I use for my family parties.  I used them to make eight roulette boards.  I loaded an app on my ipad labeled "Number Roulette Wheel."  Guests could simply press the screen to make the wheel turn.  The boards were designed with only 25 squares.  In the picture below,
you see the game called "Dice."  It comes with TEN sets of different colored die.  I put them in my bowls I use at lots of parties.  I used my condiment server to put the three different colors of dots (yellow= 1 point, blue=5 points, red= 10 points).  The guests could make their own "change" or "wins" from the dots in the baggie they received at check-in.
Everyone sat by the bowl and someone  (leader of round) yelled a number from 1-6.  The winner was the person who had all of their die rolled to that number.  You could also bet
on any other person at the table.  These two games were very popular.

In the building's lobby, I had one more tossing game and skiing in the French Alps.  My wooden three-man rope skis came back out and teams competed against each other.

At the end of the evening, I drew raffle tickets from each game and the gambling area.
Friends and family of staff also not only earned points for their staff member in the bike race, but raffle tickets for playing that also.  A winning team was chosen with a special prize.  The other raffle tickets were awarded wins to go to the huge prize table I set up every year.


There were also guests in the Provence BAKERY. See the black and white striped pie boxes.  I adjusted my boat box down to make these.  It made serving the pie "easy peezy".
We have a Wegmans by us with a fabulous bakery.  Their gingerbread men are to die for.
I served carrot cake from a restaurant, cream puffs from Costco, can cake pops and a cake log I made from scratch.



Of course our big tree and Santa were there, along with a live band "Irresponsible." My daughter does photo shoots for live bands and gets them for us at family/friend rates.
These bands are getting more and more famous as the years go by, even doing international tours.  I feel sooooooooooo lucky to have them come play for us.  On that note I am closing.  

No comments: