Pumpkin Pie Dip
I am planning a Chili Contest Hoedown for my husband's office party. They have an annual contest and invite lots of clients. We try to tweak the theme every year. Last year's theme was the "Old West." We have a pretty limited party for an event this size, so we do not cater it.
I want a dessert bar this year. So I am planning a "cookie dip" one. I don't want to bake a lot of things because I am baking the cornbread. So I started a Google search of dessert dips. There were lots and lots of ideas. So, I narrowed them down to my favorites. I am including the recipes here under Parties and Recipes.
First Choice: Tiramisu Dip
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
1. Place mascarpone in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add ricotta, sugar, espresso, and Kahlúa. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
2. Transfer to a shallow 1-quart serving dish and dust with cocoa powder, then sprinkle chopped chocolate over cocoa. Serve with chocolate cookies.
Second Choice: Hot Apple Pie Dip
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water.
1. Place all ingredients in a crockpot on high four hours before the party. Turn to low when apples are soft.
2. Turn crockpot to low for the party and serve with sugar cookies.
Third choice: Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Combine first three ingredients and beat with hand mixer. Then add remainder of ingredients.
2. Chill in refrigerator two hours, then serve with gingersnap cookies.
Fourth Choice: Pecan Pie Dip
(no photo because I invented this one)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Beat cream cheese with hand beater. Add confectionary, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add milk and pecans by hand.
2. Refrigerate and serve with Pecan Shorties
Fifth Choice: Margarita Dessert Dip:1 cup sour cream
8 ounces mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarita mix
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 tablespoons tequila
1 tablespoon grand marnier
1 cup whipping cream
1. In an electric mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar, Margarita Mix, lime zest, tequila and grand marnier. Beat until smooth.
2. Whip cream and fold into sour cream mixture. Place in serving bowl. Garnish with additional lime zest.
How am I going to set up the dessert bar. Wait for the Chili Hoe Down Blog after Feb. 8 for pictures and directions. Hint: I have 12" square tin pans, wooden candlesticks, and pie pans.