I am updating this post I made last year. I can't believe that 7,500 of you have looked at it. It doesn't even have pictures of food. So, today I am putting some Pinterest pictures of food for you.
Here are 13 bug images for you to use for your bug party.
I am going to throw a "Don't let turning 30 Bug You" Party for my daughter. We are going to the beach. I have started collecting BUG ideas on a Pinterest board of the same title.
If you are interested in my party idea, I can be searched on the site as FunJani (Jani is my nickname). Her party will be geared to friends of the same age. We are renting a beach house for the event and intend to be silly, but not too childish.
I have been searching and searching the web for appetizer ideas. (Pictures in Pinterest on Bug Board with links). Here goes:
- Bread spider that holds spinach dip. Made from dinner rolls
- Small sausages wrapped in bread stick dough with Chinese noodles for legs.
- Use bug cookie cutters from Amazon.com to cut tortillas, bake lightly, and serve with bean dip.
- Make the ladybugs from cream cheese, olives, chives, and cherry tomatoes you see on Pinterest.
- Make a Brie cheese puff ball, but put chocolate chips inside.
- Paint dowels black. Glue wooden dowel and googly eyes on the end. Use them as skewers for cooked meat strips.
- Make tiny chocolate spiders. Put them in dips. Amazon.com has bug candy molds.
- Make bug bruschetta. Use breadsticks, carrot sticks, spaghetti, pretzles, and anything straight for bug legs.
- Buy candy eyes at Michael's. Put them on your meatballs. Stick chives in them for antennas.
- Roll out fondant for wings. Put them on anything.
Amazon.com has candy molds.
Find my blog on making paper grass. Find a long, low basket.Fill it with grass. Hide these characters in the grass. Or make napkin rings and put them on them. Go to my blog on cardstock patterns. Find a pattern that will hold a water bottle, silverware, and napkin. Make these into coasters.
I have also included clip art of grass if you want to make placemats. Print it out in 12" x 18" size (or two 8.5" x 11"). If you want to see how to make paper grass like the photo above, go here
or here for bug placemats or here for make your own placemats
I could transfer them to t-shirts or hats.
I could use them for name tags.
If you want to really impress your friends. Have a dinner party. Have everyone order food off a menu. All the options have bug names, so no one knows what they are ordering. Examples: Bugs in Puff Pastry (beef), Spider Webs (Spaghetti), etc.