Monday, May 21, 2012

Tiny Gift Bag

I saw pin on Pinterest that showed how to make a gift bag from wrapping paper.  I pinned it on my Party Ideas board.  She did a really good job describing it.  But...again, I wondered if I could make a pattern to do a small one with one sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.  I folded about 20 bags until I got the one above.  I would probably print the pattern on the back of a piece of scrapbooking paper.  I used a ruler to make the folds sharp.  I put the  edge of the ruler on the right of each line and folded over to the right.

When I completed my creases, I folded the two end boxes slightly over each other and glued.  I reinforced with tape.  This makes a box.  Then you flatten in order to fold one inch up on the bottom.  Open the box.  The next part is slightly tricky.  The bottom of the box has two longer sides.  Resting the box on a table, gently push the longer sides with all four fingers of both hands  down and in towards each other.  As you do this, you will see that the short side forms triangles. Crease those triangles to make them sharp and fold them down on top of the other side flaps.  Put your hand through the top of the bag to hold bottom from the inside.  With your other hand, tape the bottom closed.  




No comments: