Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chunkey Monkey Cookie Cups AND Shower Prize

  


 I found a recipe for outrageous brownies at this blog  hereI joined their blog because the pictures of food and the recipes are easy to follow.  I wanted to make these brownies for the Ballerina Monkey party I am planning tomorrow night.  I was also trying to make powdered mocha coffee creamer in small jars as favors from a different recipe on Pinterest.  It tasted terrible, no matter how I doctored it.  So, I needed a new idea.  
    What if, I thought, I doctor the brownie recipe to make it a cookie recipe?  Then I could put half of it into my quart size jars.  
     The original recipe used the following six ingredients:  German Chocolate Cake Mix, a bag of Heath Bits, a bag of Caramels, a bag of Chocolate Chips, and a can of Evaporated Milk. You can tell how decadent these brownies were going to be.  I pinned the original recipe on my "Desserts" board.  I was going to give three prizes out at the shower with these six ingredients, but felt I was going overboard.

      The new recipe that goes into each jar is:
  • 1 cup + 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup of the German Chocolate Cake Mix (half the box) 
  •  3/4 cup Heath Bits
  • 9 chopped Caramels (I cut each one in thirds, then each smaller piece in thirds).
  • 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips 
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar 
Directions:
Dump the jar into a mixing bowl.  Mix together 1 beaten egg, 1/4 cup melted butter, and 1/2 tsp vanilla.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for dropped teaspoon cookies.  Bake for 20 minutes if you fill individual mini cheesecake pans.  The middles will drop.  Fill with ice cream.
  
When they came out of the oven, the middles all fell while cooling.  I was delighted.  I just accidentally made cookie cups.  I am filling them with chocolate ice cream.  

                                              (These will look better with ice cream in them.)


I made the recipe just as it was in the jar.  I put the recipe in a circle with a monkey clipart on it and tied it to the jar.  I am putting these in this adorable wagon I just had to have as a serving piece for parties.
     I bought the mini cheesecake pan on Amazon.com.  It has small metal disks that lift the cakes (cookies) out of the wells.  I can't wait to use it to try the Oreo cheesecakes I also found on Pinterest.  I will put pictures from the party on my next post.

No comments: