Monday, December 9, 2013

My CopyCat Christmas Table from a Pin


Below is the Pinterest picture I found to model my own Christmas table after.



I already have the woven chargers.  I have plain white dinner plates.  I ordered the checkered napkins on Amazon.  So, I had to build the box.

I started with this handled box I bought at an antiques store.  I use it to bring all my delabeled bottles that I use for punch glasses.  I cut and filled each side with green styrofoam.  The candles were from Michaels.



 I found two wreaths at Hobby Lobby.  They had all of the elements from the original photo, but they had some plastic leaves which I removed.
I opened them to make swags and placed one in each side of the box.  I went to a local garden shop and found a few more silk life-like greens which I added to the mix.


  Here is the table so far.  I used my cranberry napkin rings and my red cardinal plates.  If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see the two straw cardinals in the arrangement.  I haven't decided on glassware yet.    It's not as dramatic a picture as the first one, because I used my iphone.  But I am very pleased with the result.  It needs a wider table.  See how one of the chargers hangs off the edge a little.  What do you think of my copycat table?

No comments: